Pennsylvania State WIC and Voucher Programs
Pennsylvania WICThe Co-Op Farmer's Market of Scranton proudly accepts PA WIC which provides healthy foods to over 250,000 participants every month in Pennsylvania.
Senior voucher program
If you’re a senior or know someone who is, you may be interested in the Pennsylvania Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program.
WIC Farmer’s Market Nutrition Program
The Pennsylvania WIC program provides “nutrition services, breastfeeding support, health care and social service referrals, and healthy foods to over 250,000 participants every month in Pennsylvania.” In addition, the WIC program encourages members to shop local farmer’s markets for fresh fruits and vegetables through its Farmer’s Market Nutrition Program. To learn more about this program and apply for WIC, visit: https://www.pawic.com/73/Farmers%27%27+Market.html
Pennsylvania Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program
If you’re a senior or know someone who is, you may be interested in the Pennsylvania Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program, which distributes vouchers to qualified seniors. The program is a joint effort between the county's Area Agency on Aging and the state's Department of Agriculture.
Vouchers will be distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis, beginning at 9 AM at the centers. Seniors who are unable to visit a site may appoint a proxy to pick up a voucher for them. Proxy forms can be obtained at the Area Agency on Aging, local senior centers or online by clicking here.
2016 Voucher Distribution Calendar in Lackawanna County:
- Thursday, June 23: Downtown Senior Center, 305 Penn Avenue, Scranton
- Monday, June 27: Taylor Community Center, 700 S. Main Street, Taylor
- Tuesday, June 28: Abington Senior Center, 1151 Winola Road, Clarks Summit
- Friday, July 1: West Side Senior Center, 1004 Jackson Street, Scranton
- Tuesday, July 5: Carbondale Senior Center, 66 North Church Street, Carbondale
- Wednesday, July 6: South Side Senior Center, 425 Alder Street, Scranton
- Friday, July 8: Dunmore Senior Center, 1414 Monroe Avenue, Dunmore
- Monday, July 11: Mid Valley Senior Center, Green Wave Heritage Apts., 310 Church St., Jessup
- Wednesday, July 13: Jewish Community Center, 601 Jefferson Avenue, Scranton
For more information about the program, contact the Lackawanna County Area Agency on Aging in Scranton, PA at 570-963-6740 or visit http://www.lackawannacounty.org/index.php/departmentsagencies/human-services/area-agency-on-aging.